Cooperstown Bible Camp
exists to glorify God as an arm of the local church in developing Christ followers through teaching God’s Word in disciple-making relationships within a haven of God’s Creation.
Cooperstown Bible Camp values the Supremacy of Christ in our
teaching, relationships, and service.
Discipleship is at the heart of all we do. Therefore, our staff must continually be maturing in their faith to invest in and disciple others that might also have an exponential influence upon their respective spheres of culture. This process requires commitment to the absolute authority and teaching of God’s Word and the necessity of unceasing prayer.
Cooperstown Bible Camp is not an island! We collaborate with local churches to bolster, support, and enhance their ministries, as we know God receives glory through the bride of Christ. We accomplish this through constructing temporary spiritual communities apart from the busyness of life. Community involves an environment where people experience safety and trust as they deal with the trials, temptations, sins, and junk of life in nurturing Biblical community. We strive to consistently go the extra mile; taking ownership of the ministry God has called us to while building integrity in personal and business relationships.
We exist to selflessly serve our campers and guests in love and with hospitality and excellence, to encourage them in the Lord, spurring them on towards love and good deeds.
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become the children of God.
7. We believe the Lord’s Supper and water baptism are ordinances to be observed by the church during this present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
8. We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which he is the Head.
9. We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church are eligible for membership in the local church.
10. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs.
11. We believe in the personal, and pre-millennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.